Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Our "New" 33 Year Old Homestead Truck

Some of you may have read and saw in my post about our outdoor wood furnace that our firewood truck is a little 2wd S-10 Chevy. The S-10 is a great little truck but I have often wished for something a little bigger and also 4X4 so I can get access to the wood up on our mountain. Well, I had an older Camaro just sitting around so I placed an ad on Craigslist. Just a few days later we swapped for a 1980 Ford F250 4X4 with a flat bed. I am so thankful for it because it is exactly what I was hoping to get. It has the 300 6-cylinder engine and a "granny" low 4-speed transmission so it will creep around. I've already had our 8-year old driving it out in the field (yes, train them up in the way they should go!) Anyway here's a pic:


Not exactly a yuppie-mobile but perfect for the homestead!

2 comments:

  1. That'll git-r-done! LOL, Gotta love craigs list! Congrats--May it run strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We hauled a big load of hickory on it yesterday and it does great (try putting almost a cord of wood on a Camaro and driving straight off of a mountain trail.) We've been blessed!

    ReplyDelete